Vegan Broccoli Cheddar Baked Potato
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
Truth, I can’t remember the last time I had a bake potato! Baked potato soup, yes. Mashed potatoes, yes. A baked potato? It’s been ages!! If you love broccoli cheddar soup, I have to imagine this is where the concept began, with the staple Broccoli Cheddar Baked Potato!
While I do love a good mash, I love a good baked potato as I like to eat the skin lol.
Carbs still get a bad wrap, but they still pack nutrients, more potassium than a banana, and I find it’s all about what you pack them with. If you know me, my approach is to always pack on the veggies so I love the idea of blanched broccoli with cashew cheddar cheese!!
For the longest time, I was maxed out on cashew cheese. However, the trick to nailing a good cashew cheese is being conservative with the amount and getting a good blender. If you use too much coupled with a bad blender the texture will be way off in addition to the flavor. Also, you have to pack on the flavor!!
Whether it’s the vegan Worcestershire, garlic, hot sauce, or onion powder, this combination just works and it perfectly mirror classic cheddar cheese!!
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything!! It’s fairly quick, easy, affordable, cheesy, packs flavor, color, nutrients, packs healthy fats, no dairy, no eggs, perf for any season, mirrors that staple cheddar cheese, you can use the cheese for countless other dishes, perf for entertaining and will impress even the non vegans!!
If you love a staple concepts, you have to try my vegan Broccoli Cheddar Baked Potato!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for any season
You can use the cheese for countless dishes
Perf for entertaining!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 4 potatoes
10 minPrep Time
60 minCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 4 large Russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 head broccoli, blanched
- 2 tbsps chive, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight or boiled for 5-10 minutes
- 2 large carrots, more if desired to modify color
- 1 small potato
- 2 tbsps nutritional yeast
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tsps vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tsp salt/fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.Wash and dry the potatoes.
- Pierce the potato 2-3 times with a fork.
- Rub oil all over the potatoes.Rub salt all over the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes.
- The exact baking time will depend on how large the potatoes are. The potato should be tender inside if you poke a fork into it.
- Cashew Cheese: Throw everything in a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Add additional almond milk as needed and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Blanch Broccoli: Heat a pot of boiling water. Place a bowl of ice water next to it. Place the broccoli in the water for 2 minutes then place into a bowl of ice water. Set aside. Serve with cashew cheddar cheese, broccoli and chives