Vegan Kale Bruschetta
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
While I love intricate recipes with countless ingredients (truth), some of the most simplest of concepts are actually my personal favorites..
Cue the class vegan Kale Bruschetta with parmesan toast!
While I love bruschetta whenever dining out, until 4 years ago when I whipped up this recipe I had never made it. It’s by far on of the easiest recipes to throw together and the most tedious thing is just chopping the tomatoes! I know what you’re thinking, vegan bruschetta? All bruschetta is vegan. That is correct, but sometimes the bread it’s served upon is not and I aim to distinguish all recipes as animal product free!
What’s wonderful about classic bruschetta is that it’s a definite crowd pleaser whether you’re vegan or not! It also looks gorgeous, involves a handful of ingredients, effortless, more nutrient dense in that it packs kale, his a hint of onion from the shallots which I love, offers a hint of sweetness with a classic balsamic glaze and is served on baked french bread with parmesan cheese!.
If you’re a lover of all things tomatoes or simply love fresh nutrient dense recipes, you have to try my modern Kale Bruschetta!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Tomatoes are coming in season (more flavorful)
Hint of sweetness w/balsamic glaze & red onion
Great for entertaining
Vegan cheesy garlic bread
Eat Drink Shrink
25 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 cups kale leaves (removed from stems, thinly sliced)
- 4 large tomatoes
- 15 basil leaves (thinly sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup diced shallots
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 loaf french bread
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Parm
- 4 cloves garlic (optional)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp white table sugar
- Prep all the ingredients: Dice tomatoes and set in a mesh strainer to drain. Wash kale, remove from stems, thinly slice with knife or scissors, drizzle olive oil on your hands and massage the kale for 1 minute if not using dinosaur kale. Wash and thinly slice basil, mince garlic, dice shallots. Throw it all in a bowl and top with olive oil, salt, pepper, place in fridge to enable the flavors to combine.
- Parmesan Bread: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice bread and top each side with olive oil and top one side with vegan parmesan cheese. bake for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. If you would like more garlic, top with minced garlic as well!
- Balsamic glaze: In a small pan add the balsamic and sugar. Stir to make sure the sugar dissolves. Cook for 5-7 minutes on medium to high heat, stirrings that it doesn't burn. Should thicken gradually. Check the thickness by looking at how fast it drips from a spoon/spatula.
- Assemble the bruschetta. Top toast with tomato mixture and a drizzle of balsamic!