Vegan Buffalo Jackfruit Dip
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
I’m a little behind today, but didn’t want you to miss this fab recipe! Buffalo dip was one of those concepts I discovered late in life. While I don’t eat chicken, I loved the combination of the texture and flavor and just how effortless it is. The moment I had a taste I was instantly on the move to create the perfect vegan option..
and the vegan Buffalo Jackfruit Dip was born in 2016!
Whether you’re new to the jackfruit world or are a well seasoned vegan, this recipe is approachable for everyone. If you’re worried about sourcing the product, today you can find it at Trader Joe’s for only $2.00 a can, you can’t beat that. That being said, we should be quick to explore all the ways to use this amazing fruit and pass on the ready made products.
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! it’s quick, easy, affordable, flavorful, packs heat, mirrors the texture of meat, can easily be made in bulk, perf for any season, great for entertaining, and is a buffalo dip lovers dream!!
If you love modern vegan concepts, you’re going to be head over heels for my staple vegan Buffalo Jackfruit Dip!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Great for entertaining
Great with veggies!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 2 cups
Serves 2 people
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 2/3 cup Follow Your vegan Heart Blue Cheese dressing
- 4 oz. Follow Your Heart vegan cream cheese, softened/room temp
- 1 can jackfruit
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp chives
- Add the jackfruit to a large pot of water and boil for 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- Add oil to the pan and cook for 5 mins breaking the jackfruit up with a fork. Add the buffalo sauce, vegan blue cheese dressing, and vegan cream cheese. Continue to stir and combine over medium heat.
- Garnish with chives. Serve hot or cold with celery sticks or carrots. If you'd like to make a larger portion simply double the ingredients!
If you like to use a minimal food products as you can. Simply add the cream cheese and blue cheese gradually to achieve desired consistency.