Vegan Butternut Squash Fritters
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-10 fritters depending on size
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 3 1/2 tbsp vegan Follow Your Heart egg powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 medium size shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp sage, minced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups grated butternut squash
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tsp salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- oil for frying
- In a small bowl combine the egg powder and almond milk. Whisk to remove clumps and set aside.
- In a large skillet add the shallots, sage, garlic, butter, and olive oil. Cook until fragrant, 3-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl add the shallot mixture with the remaining ingredients. Add in the combined vegan egg mixture and combine with hands until you're able to form patties.
- In a large nonstick pan, add ¼ cup oil and heat over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the cakes and cook them for about 2-4 minutes on each side, or until golden and crispy. *I like to add a little additional Panko to patties right before frying for even more texture! Once cooked, set on top of paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Serve them immediately or place patties on sheet pan in a 300 degree oven to keep hot until you serve.
- Top with vegan yogurt and sage. You can make crispy sage, by simply frying the leaves for a few seconds. I chose fresh for aesthetics!