Vegan Cauliflower Tabouli Salad with tofu feta
Hello & Happy Monday!!
I’ve been exploring a myriad of light and fresh spring recipes and was elated to finally give this bucket list concept a try. Tabouli salad is typically packed to the max with veggies, but it also features a grain and lots of added unnecessary carbohydrates. With cauliflower being the golden veggie that can be used for anything and everything, I was intrigued as to how this modern spin on the this classic dish would come out and let’s just say..
SO GOOD. (so good that I prefer this option versus the classic)
What’s fab about this recipe is, everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, nutrient dense, gluten free, low carb, contains my favorite homemade tofu feta, is perf for spring, filling with the fiber packed cauliflower, and non vegan approved!
If you’re looking for a quick spring side dish, to mitigate carbs in your diet, or simply love a fresh modern spin on classic dishes, you have to try my recipe for Cauliflower Tabouli Salad with my homemade tofu feta!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for any season
Non vegan approved
Yields 4 cups
15 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 medium head of cauliflower (about 1 pound), coarsely chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon (or more) kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cups (packed) flat-leaf parsley leaves with tender stems
- 1/2 cup dill
- 1 cup (packed) mint leaves
- 2 scallions, white and pale-green parts only, sliced
- 2 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 medium english cucumber (about 8 1/2" long), cut into 1/4" pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 squeeze lemon
- 1/2 cup oregano
- 1/2 cup dill
- optional: tarragon, scallion, basil
- Tofu feta: Remove excess water from tofu. Cube, and throw everything in a jar and let sit to marinate for as long as you can. The longer the better! Remove from the jar, squeeze out excess fluid, and crumble over the salad.
- Grate cauliflower with the coarse grater disk on a food processor. Throw the cauliflower rice onto a pan with 1 tbs oil, top with salt, pepper, and cumin. Cook until softened, 5-7 minutes. Don't over cook. Remove from heat and place in the fridge to cool.
- In a food processor pulse parsley, mint, dill, scallions, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, 3/4 tsp. salt, and remaining oil until herbs are coarsely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl with the cauliflower, cucumber, tomatoes and crumbled tofu feta and gently toss to coat. Season with additional salt, if necessary.