Vegan Cheddar and Chive Biscuits
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
I’ve been waiting for these pregnancy cravings, but even at 32 weeks, they have yet to come for me. I believe that if you’re missing something in your diet, you’ll experience these random cravings like pickled and ice cream etc, but as you’d image..
I have a boring food routine that’s all about …the plants!!
One concept I have been thinking about though is another biscuit recipe! As a southerner there are a few foodie staples that just never get old, agood biscuit is one of them! Since the Rosemary Biscuits with Truffle “Honey” were such a hit, I knew I had to produce another staple biscuit..
and those biscuits had to be Cheddar & Chive!!
There is something about this combination that just resonates with everyone. Whether you’re from the South or just love fab recipes, you’re guaranteed to love these new vegan biscuits!!
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, contains minimal ingredients, minimal steps, packs tons of flavor, has aesthetic appeal, perf for any season, perf side item for everything from soups to salads, great for entertaining, and can easily be made in bulk!!
If you love all things easy and cheesy you’re going to be obsessed with these new vegan Cheddar & Chive Biscuits!!
Why this recipe is great:
Perf for any season
Pairs well with countless dishes
Perf for entertaining
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-10 biscuits depending on size
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour, plus additional for rolling
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt (Kosher or Table Salt)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, very cold (8 tbsp)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Chives, Chopped
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Shredded Vegan Cheddar
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F).
- Line a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and black pepper; whisk well to combine.
- Add the vegan butter to the flour and using your fingertips rub the butter into the mix, stopping when the mixture is a coarse meal.
- Stir in the chives and vegan cheddar.
- Gradually add the almond milk stir with a fork just until a messy (sticky) ball is formed.
- Turn the dough out onto a generously floured surface and knead (with very floured hands) until the dough has been worked into a ball; about 6-7 times should do it. Don't overwork the dough as they won't rise well. Less kneading is better.
- Pat the ball down into a 1" thick round, then use a biscuit cutter to cut out as many rounds as possible, re-rolling the scraps as needed. I like to fold the dough in half, then cut out the biscuits to create larger ones with more layers.
- Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet bottom side up as it should be more flat. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.