Vegan Chimichurri Cauliflower Rice
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
In the world of plant based eats, the most important thing you need, is a good sauce! So many newbies miss the mark with that and find recipes to be underwhelming. What’s beautiful about veggies is that they are a blank canvas. You can take the flavor profile in any direction and the final result is up to you!
One of my favorite sauces, is chimichurri! I discovered this sauce back in 2006 while living in Miami. It’s typically served with a skirt steak, I know, horrible, but it’s amazing! What’s fab about this sauce is that it’s comprised of a handful of ingredients, packs flavor, nutrients, and is good on everything..
and I mean, everything!
One of my favorite foodie concepts, is cauliflower rice! It’s also quick, easy, packed with fiber, filling, and low carb. Like all veggies, its a blank canvas that can be taken in any direction whether it be flavor or if you’re cauliflower you can transform into everything from a sauce to a pizza crust, and cauliflower rice!
What I love about this dish, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, flavorful, perf for an season, veggie packed, fiber packed, can easily be made in bulk, pairs well as a side dish for everything, and is non vegan approved!
If you love cauliflower rice, this recipe will be your new bestie! You have to try this vegan Chimichurri Cauliflower Rice!
Why this recipe rocks:
Can easily be made in bulk
Non vegan approved
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 2-4 servings
15 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup (packed) fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil, + 1tbs
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (packed) fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- squeeze of lime
- 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles small grain. Make sure the cauliflower is cut up into smaller bits to grind easier. Clean the food processor. In a pan over medium heat add the 1tbs of olive, and toss in the cauliflower rice. Cook for 5-7 minutes, then toss in the chimichurri sauce. Toss and coat and cook for an addition 3 minutes.
- Sauce: Puree all the chimichurri ingredients in food processor. Transfer to bowl. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature.)