Vegan Chipotle Sun Dried Tomato Spaghetti
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena #RediscoverLaMorena #CollectiveBias
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
If I had to say what my number one favorite addition to any recipe is…
It would be LA MORENA® chilis in adobo sauce!!
As the leader in the chiles and peppers category, LA MORENA® has been providing US consumers with the highest quality products made in the style and with the taste of the authentic Mexican home and traditional recipes for over 45 years.My affinity for this product started when I created a vegan spicy mayo and simply evolved form there. If you’re not familiar with this product, it’s accessible, affordable, adds a hint of smokiness and heat to any recipe, and a little bit goes a long way!
La Morena also offers a wide variety of other foodie essentials such as LA MORENA® Whole Jalapeños and more! Their products enable me to explore heat in recipes and discover new favorites. My personal favorite way to integrate adobo sauce and peppers into recipes is..
I find it to be fun to do as it’s not expected and adds a richness to any cashew cream sauce!
What I love about this recipe is, everything! It has minimal ingredients, is affordable, easy to make, can easily be made in bulk, has multiple textures with the shiitake bacon, packs healthy fats, you can throw in kale or broccoli for more nutrients, is perf for fall or entertaining, and tastes like a tomato bisque with a hint of heat in a bowl!
If you’re weary about making a cashew based sauce, don’t be! It’s so easy to make, mimic the flavor profile of a cheese based sauce, and a little bit also goes a long way! In regards to the shiitake bacon, it’s a game changing concept that you can throw on top of anything and everything.
If you have a love for tomato bisque, spice, or C all of the above, you have to try this recipe for vegan Spicy Sun Dried Tomato Pasta with shiitake bacon!
La Morena Social Channels:
Why this recipe rocks:
Can be made in bulk
Non vegan approved
Yields 4-6 servings
25 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (½ cup)
- 4 carrots, peeled, diced
- Vegan parmesan cheese (1 /2 cup, optional)
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 4 bowls of cooked pasta
- 3 chilis in adobo sauce (chopped)
- 2tbs adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbs fresh basil (chopped)
- 4 sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup cashews (soaked)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil and Follow Your Heart vegan parm toast, for garnish
- 1 packages of shiitakes (sliced)
- 1 tbs tamari
- 1 tbs liquid smoke
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Shiitake Bacon: Slice the mushrooms, coat in all the ingredients and bake in the oven on 250 for 30 minutes. Rotate the mushrooms in midway for an even cook. Mushrooms should be crispy, not hard. (coat in ingredients for however long you can)
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, and garlic; cook 7-10 minutes until vegetables are soft. Add the tomato paste and cook until it begins to caramelize. Add crushed tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, basil, red pepper, and bring to a boil, then cover, and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes. Allow the flavors to combine by simmering for 20 minutes.
- Soak cashews in hot water for 10 minutes, drain water, set aside. Purée the tomato sauce and cashews, almond milk, and nutritional yeast in blender or food processor until smooth. Add the sauce to a sauce pan, return to simmer for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Toss the pasta in the sauce and top with shiitake bacon, basil and vegan parm.
Toss in kale or broccoli for more nutrients!