Vegan Chocolate Granola Recipe
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
I’m on day two of my grad school spring break and let’s just say it feels.. AMAZING!
Since the break started I’ve been testing multiple recipes that are, let’s just say not my typical “go to foods“. I always envisioned creating breakfast bars, or bars of any kind for that matter as not being my strong suit, but I thought to myself what the heck I’ll give it a shot. So like all new recipes, I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best lol… and honestly,
These were SO. EASY. to make, you could literally do it blindfolded.. (not that I would recommend doing so)
If you’re a big health bar person, but worry about the added sugars, “natural flavors” or perhaps other scary ingredients you’re not so sure of.. The answer is always to “make it yourself”.
I would describe these Chocolate Granola bars as comparable to the Kind bar, these are just like those, but full of more nutrients and offer more flavor.
As a first time bar maker, I promise these are effortless, and don’t disappoint!
- - 1-2 cups almonds
- - 1 cup Lily's Sweets chocolate chips
- - 2 cups dates
- - 1/2 cup pistachios
- - 2 tbsp chia seeds
- - 2 tbsp flax seeds
- - 2 tbsp toasted hemp seeds
- - 1 1/2 cups oats
- - 1/2 cup almond butter
- - 3 tbsp Jem Raw Organics nut butter (optional)
- - 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- - 2 tbsp agave
- - 2 tbsp coconut oil
- - Crush and bake the almonds on 350 for a few minutes to toast the nuts, remove from heat, let cool.
- - Take dates and soak in hot water for for 1 minute then place in a food processor, blend, then combine with the almonds and oats.
- - Once combined, throw in the rest of the ingredients.
- - In a small pan place the coconut oil, almond butter, and agave over medium heat until melted and combined. Pour over the nut mixture and continue to combine.
- - Press into a greased pan and bake on 300 for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat, slice, let cool, and place in fridge individually wrapped.
- - Looking for less sweetness?! Remove the chocolate chips and add dried fruit