Vegan Crab Cake Sandwich with Remoulade Sauce
Hello & Happy Monday!!
If there is one thing I always crave, it’s a good vegan sandwich!! In my early vegan days I was enamored with the staple black bean burger. Today however, I carve the more innovative concepts as the options are endless with sandwiches and you can translate so many different cuisines into a vegan sandwich.
When it comes to any recipe, I love ones that pack tons of flavor, which is why I love this vegan Crab Cake Sandwich!! Anything that is seafood based naturally packs a lot of flavor. However, with the right herbs and spices you can easily replicate that flavor and create a fab dish.
One of my all time fave concepts is the vegan crab cake. That being said, I knew a Crab Cake Sandwich was a no brainer!!
What’s fab about this sammie, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, has a generous amount of ingredients, but all are staples, packs tons of veggies, tons of flavor, texture, perf for any season, can be made into mini crab cakes or sliders, making them perf for entertaining, and they can easily be made in bulk!!
If you love modern vegan eats or long for that crab cake flavor, you’re going to love this vegan Crab Cake Sandwich!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for any season!
Can easily be made in bulk!
Can be made into sliders, crab cakes or sandwiches
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 4-8 depending on size
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 8oz jar artichokes in water, drained, chopped
- 3/4 can chickpeas (rinsed)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallot
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tbsp horseradish
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- Salt/Pepper as needed
- 3 tbsps fresh dill
- 3 tbsps fresh parsley (chopped)
- 3/4 cup panko
- 2 1/2 tbsps Follow Your Heart vegan egg combined with 3/4 cup almond milk or water
- 1/3 cup vegan mayo
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire (optional)
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1/2 cup dijon
- 2 tbsps capers
- 6 tbsps fresh dill
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp relish
- salt/pepper as needed
- Chop the artichokes, dice the shallot, chop the celery. In a large mixing bowl combine all of the crab cake ingredients. Form patties. Coat the outside with additional Panko, I crush it up a little more for a finer texture. (optional, but makes for a crispy outer layer). Cook in a pan with a drizzle of oil for 7 minutes on med/high heat flipping midway through and rotating for an even cook.
- Remove the cakes from the pan and place onto a plate covered with paper towel to absorb any excess oil. Serve immediately on buns topped with lettuce and red onion and the remoulade sauce below.
- Sauce: In a small mixing bowl stir together all the ingredients until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve the crab cakes. Garnish with dill and chopped radish, optional.