Vegan Cranberry Orange White Chocolate Almond Flour Cookies
Hello & Happy Friday!!
I was on the move to whip up a Christmas cookie for National Cookie Day and realized I was out of my vegan white chocolate lol. While I love working with dark chocolate, vegan white chocolate is fun to work with and you can easily find it on Amazon. (not sponsored)
With thinking of the perfect holiday cookie, I knew I had to do something cranberry and orange. For various reasons that mixture just resonates with me as holiday flavor combo. What’s funny is that I don’t enjoy cranberries or orange alone, but together it’s pure magic!
I’ve been trying to explore more flourless cookie options as you truly can create some fab treats without comprising flavor and texture. These cookies came out like pure perfection, as they take on the same texture of a traditional white flour cookie, light, fluffy, and have a natural sweetness from the almond flour and dried fruit.
What’s fab about these cookies, is everything! It’s quick, easy, features minimal staple ingredients, can easily be made in bulk, a fluffy soft texture, a hint of orange, rich with cranberries, has aesthetic appeal, perf for Christmas, and my new favorite cookie!
If you love flourless vegan cookies or have an affinity for all things cranberry and orange, you’re going to love this recipe for vegan White Chocolate Orange Cranberry Cookies!
Why this recipe rocks:
Sweet from the almond flour and cranberries
Perf for Christmas
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-12 depending on size
15 minPrep Time
13 minCook Time
28 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups blanched almond flour (used bobs)
- 3/4 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup vegan dried cranberries
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp orange extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, coconut oil, and sugar. Add the vanilla, orange juice, orange extract, orange zest, and mashed banana, mixing until incorporated.
- Add the the dry ingredients to the bowl of the wet 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
- Form the dough into tablespoon rounds and place on the lined baking sheet about 3 inches apart. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown around edges.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool, then place on a cookie sheet to firm up. If they are not as firm as you like simply pop in the oven at 200 degree on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes. These cookies are best enjoyed the day they are baked.