Vegan Crispy Baked Broccoli Bites with Romesco Sauce
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
Lately I’ve been focusing on keep recipes simple in terms of ingredients and instructions, while also going down my foodie bucket list! I currently have about 30 recipes or more that I’m always trying to put together, but based on what’s in my kitchen, the season, and what I’m craving, sometimes they can go o the back burner for quite some time.
This crispy broccoli is one of them! lol
Cauflilower wings have been all the craze for years. While I love my staple recipe that remains to be the #1 recipe on EDS, I instantly knew that this batter could be used for just about any veggie. Sadly, broccoli doesn’t get as much love, so I knew I had to give this recipe a go! While you can pair these broccoli bites with just about anything, I’m currently enamored with romesco sauce as it’s just so easy, flavorful, nutrient packed and it to can go with any veggie crispy or not.
and just like that, the Crispy Broccoli with Romesco Sauce was born!
What I love about this dish, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, nutrient packed, broccoli can be throw into a dish or it can be used as an app like this one, the sauce can be paired with anything, its perf for any season, packs flavor, texture, is just as good as any cauliflower wing, and is non vegan approved!
If you love fresh modern vegan eats, you have to try this recipe!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for any season!
Packs flavor and nutrients
Non vegan approved
Sauce and broccoli are great for an app or thrown into a main dish!
Yields 20 broccoli bites & 1 cup sauce
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 cup Panko italian bread crumbs (you can use regular Panko)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1-2 heads of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic
- Salt/Pepper as desired
- 1 cup grilled tomatoes or 1 large tomato
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 4 medium red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp paprika
- salt/pepper as desired
- 1 tbs chopped fresh parsley
- squeeze lemon (optional)
- salt/pepper as desired
- Bites: Cut the broccoli into florets. Set up 2 bowls. In one large bowl add the flour, almond milk and spices, combine to remove all clumps. In a smaller bowl add the italian Panko. Dip the broccoli in the batter, letting the excess drip off, then roll in the Panko until completely covered. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Romesco: Throw everything in a food processor and blend until smooth. You can soak the almonds for a smoother texture or even roll the broccoli bites in the sauce rather if desired!