Vegan Curried Chicken Salad
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
As simple as this concept is, (so basic) I can’t even begin to say enough good things about this classic recipe.
I’ll admit, curry chicken salad is pretty commonplace in the world today. I remember enjoying it ages ago and just being completely swept off my feet with the simplicity in this combo and just how the flavors blended so effortlessly together.
It’s sweet, it’s savory, and its my favorite flavor profile.. curry lol
While people long for the “traditional” version, this vegan version has that classic taste, but is sans dairy, meat and packs kale for added nutrients and texture.
If you love curry, miss that classic dish, or simply want to sweep your non vegan frends off their feet..
You need to make this recipe for vegan Curried Chicken Salad, ..like yesterday!
Why this recipe rocks:
Tons of flavor
Great for entertaining
non vegan approved
- 1 Package of Gardein vegan chicken (chopped)
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup Follow Your Heart veganaise
- 1/2-3/4 cup raw cashews (chopped)
- 1/2 squeeze lemon (juice)
- 2 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 sandwich buns
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground or fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup massaged minced kale
- In a small pan over medium/high heat throw the chopped Gardein pieces in with a lil bit of olive oil an sprinkle of curry. Cook for 3-5 minutes until you get a good seer. Throw cashews in the oven for 10 minutes on 350, rotate midway for an even roast.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegan chicken, raisins, vegan mayo mayonnaise, toasted cashews, kale, lemon juice, scallion, sea salt, and curry powder. Dress buns with arugula and avocado and top with chicken salad mixture.
- for more veggies add celery!