Vegan Dark Chocolate Blueberry Pancake Bites
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
I realized recently that I don’t do a lot of pancake recipes. I find them not worth sharing due to their simplicity, so they have to be fun and modern! I’m currently on a mission to develop concepts that break the break the mold of “traditional pancakes” lol.
That being said, I was brainstorming for the perf innovative pancake concept and the vegan Dark Chocolate Blueberry Pancake Bites were born!
What I love about this recipe is, everything! It’s easy, affordable, fun, modern, has minimal ingredients, less messy, great for entertaining, can be paired with whatever filling you like, kid friendly, has aesthetic appeal, perf for any season, and just make breakfast more fun!
If you’re looking for a modern pancake this 2018, you have to try my recipe for vegan Dark Chocolate Blueberry Pancake Bites!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for entertaining
You can fill with whatever you like
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
27 minTotal Time
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 small banana (mashed)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup almond milk combined with 1 tsp vinegar.
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- (1/2 cup) Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Lily's vegan dark chocolate chips
- Combine vinegar and almond milk and set aside to allow it to curdle to create a vegan "buttermilk"
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray donut hole pan with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and coconut sugar.
- Stir together mashed banana, vanilla, almond milk (room temp) and melted coconut oil
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold in the blueberries and dark chocolate chips.
- Fill each hole close to full to achieve the round ball look.
- Bake 12 minutes then flip each hole and bake for another 3 minutes.
- Serve with syrup, glaze or dusted in powdered sugar, if desired.