Vegan Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
If there one concept I’ve been obsessed with the past few years, it’s using hazelnuts in recipes! They can be on the pricier side like most nuts, but a little goes a long way and it can completely transform the traditional chocolate flavor.
Needless to say, I was craving an effortless no bake cashew free cheesecake and the vegan Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake was born!
When it comes to cheesecakes, I’ve done the cashew concept a myriad of times and I actually prefer them without. Come to find out you can make a fab no bake cheesecake that requires no nuts at all! That being said, I’ve done a few cheesecakes the past few months such as the Matcha, Berry, Pumpkin, and many more!!
What’s fab about this cheesecake is everything! It’s quick, easy, has minimal ingredients, affordable, requires no baking, features no cashews, has a rich chocolate flavor with the hazelnuts, a whipped like texture with the coconut milk and avocado, has a cookie crust (you can always make a raw one), aesthetic appeal, is perf for any season, can easily be made in bulk, and is hands down my new favorite vegan cheesecake!!
If you love all things chocolate or simply crave effortless modern vegan desserts, you have to try this recipe for vegan Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Rich chocolate flavor
Perf for any season
No cashews needed
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-10 slices depending on size
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or margarine melted
- 1/2 cup melted dark chocolate
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat (room temp)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- Optional toppings: fresh berries Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place hazelnuts on a baking sheet and bake until toasted, about 10 minutes or until slightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to fully cool. Remove the skins and coarsely chop.
- Make the crust. Melt the vegan butter and stir into chocolate cookie dish. Press into a springform pan. You can go about halfway up the sides (optional). Place in the fridge until ready to fill (you can also bake this if preferred on 375 degrees for 10 minutes)
- Make the filling: Throw all the ingredients in the food processor or blender, and blend until smooth. It make take a few minutes to blend up the hazelnuts. Pour into the crust and chill in the fridge for a few hours or ideally overnight. Top with fresh berries. I recommend refrigerating the cheesecake when not being served, but should hold up for a few hours at room temp.