Vegan Garlic Herb Mushroom Pasta
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
It’s a short week post Memorial Day weekend, so I’ve been whipping up quick and easy timeless recipes that are perf for any season!! One concept that never fails to disappoint is pasta!!
I once ran from pasta during the big low carb movement. Today, my views on pasta have completely shifted. Pasta is actually the perfect medium to pack on the veggies and they have tons of modern pasta options such as lentil, chickpea, and more!
Needless to say, I try and whip up a seamless pasta concept each week as they are just so approachable for many trying to reduce their intake of animal products.
One of my favorite veggies is actually mushrooms. I feel like many have either a love or hate relationship with me. My husband hates them lol. I completely get it though. Aesthetically they look like something from the ground the texture chewy, but I love anything with a different texture and am actually draw to it. Mushrooms are wonderful, because they are earthy, soak up flavor, take on a meaty texture, and make for the perfect addition to countless dishes, but especially pasta.
The silver lining is that when I make this dish, I get all the mushrooms to myself lol
What’s fab about this dish, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, contains minimal ingredients, packs tons of flavor, protein from the cashews, nutrients, is perf for any season, can easily be made in bulk, packs texture, and is just an all around crowd pleaser!
If you crave those pasta staples, you have to try this vegan Garlic & Herb Mushroom pasta!!
Why this is a great dish:
Can easily be made in bulk
Perf for any season
Packs lots of plant protein with the cashews
No heavy cream or dairy needed
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1 carton bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 medium shallot, diced
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: Parsley & Toasted pine nuts
- Pasta: Cook the pasta according to package directions. Set aside and toss with a little oil to prevent sticking.
- Mushrooms: Melt 2 tablespoons of vegan butter over medium high heat.
- Add the shallot and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for a minute until fragrant.
- Remove 75% of the mixture, leave the remainder and now add the mushrooms and thyme.
- Sauté for 5-7minutes, until golden brown and softened. Set aside.
- Sauce: Add the remaining shallots/garlic, soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, almond milk, salt/pepper as needed to a high powered blender. Blend until smooth.
- Toss the cooked noodles in the sauce and top with the cooked mushrooms, garnish with toasted pine nuts and chopped parsley.
*Soak the cashews overnight or simply place in water and microwave for 3 minutes, add more water, microwave again. *You could add 1/4 cup white wine while cooking the mushrooms for more flavor and cook down for 3-5 minutes *If you don't have fresh thyme you can use dried Herbs de Provencal, 1/2 tsp