Vegan Hawaiian Jackfruit Pizza
Hello & Happy Monday!!
I don’t know about you, but I’ve never been a fan of Hawaiian pizza! For whatever reason, the flavor combo just seemed so obscure to me and just didn’t mesh well.
However, looking back, ham always creeped me out and you’re typically experiencing this classic combo from your local pizzeria, which has the most pedestrian quality pizza around lol. (true story)
Fast forward to today, I was brain storming for fresh fun summer eats that incorporate jackfruit. I procrastinated for the longest time to finally work with jackfruit. It can be annoying to get your hands on some and also pricey, but it is so much fun to play around with!
What I did notice while breaking into the world of jackfruit is that its typically only used in the standard sandwich or taco concept, which makes no sense! Although I never really consumed pork, there are tons or recipes that incorporate it.
and the vegan Hawaiian Jackfruit Pizza was born!!
What I love about this pizza is that it’s effortless, modernized, packs tons of flavor with the addition of cilantro, a bit of heat with the jalapeño, a hint of sweet with the pineapple and is the perfect summer vegan eats!
If you’re looking for a new way to use jackfruit or just a fun vegan concept you have to try my recipe for vegan Hawaiian Jackfruit Pizza!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for summer
Non vegan approved
Want to see just how easy this recipe is?!
Watch this clip above!!
Yields 8 slices
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 ready made pizza dough
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 cans jackfruit (in brine or water)
- 1 avocado
- 8 pineapple slices
- 6 sprigs cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups Urban Accents Jamaican Jerk Sauce
- 2 tbsp Diced Jalapeno
- 1 1/2 blocks of Follow Your Heart Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- Boil the jackfruit in water for 10 minutes. Drain, add to a skillet over medium heat with a little oil. Begin to break up the jackfruit so it becomes shredded. Cook for 10 minutes, then add 1 cup of sauce. (If you'd like a more crispy result you can cook for 10, then bake on 300 for 10 minutes)
- Roll out your dough. Place on a greased pan. Layer the jackfruit bbq on top. Then layer with grilled pineapple, red onion, jalapeño and top with vegan cheese. Bake on 400 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with additional sauce, grilled avocado, and cilantro!