Vegan Key Lime Pie Banana Bread
Hello & Happy Tuesday!
I don’t typically post 2x in a day, but I had a post booked for a company and well, with the overwhelming schedule I didn’t want to leave you hanging with this recipe as it’s just so good!
As a lover of all things banana bread, all things lime, I was brainstorming for the next modern banana bread concept and this one just seemed so fun. I’ll be honest, my initial thought was people were going to think I was crazy, find the flavors off-putting, but I was completely wrong..
With all the good feedback I knew my obsession with all things key lime resonated with someone! So here I am, days filled back to back with eating my dinner and sharing this recipe with you lol.
What’s fab about this recipe, as I always say, everything! It’s quick and easy, has minimal added sugar, perf for summer, packed with spinach, has multiple textures, flavorful, you can skip all the added sugar and just opt for the natural sweetness of bananas, and is non vegan approved!
If you love a season and modern banana bread you have to try my recipe for vegan Key Lime Pie Banana Bread!
Why this recipe rocks:
Packed with spinach
Packed with flavor
Non vegan approved
Yields 8 slices
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups flour + 2tbs
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (optional)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbs lime juice
- zest from 1 lime
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup crushed macadamia
- 1/2 cup dried coconut
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 tbs crushed vegan graham cracker dust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well the bottom and sides of a 9x5" loaf pan with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. In a food processor combine mashed bananas, lime juice, coconut milk (room temp) maple syrup if desired, vanilla, spinach, and melted coconut oil. If the oil begins to solidify due to the almond milk not being cold enough simply pop in the microwave for a minute.
- Slowly fold the wet ingredients into the dry, just until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the pan and top with coconut and macadamia nuts. Bake for 30 minutes - 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine icing ingredients and drizzle over top. Garnish with graham cracker crumbs.