Vegan Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Hello & Happy Sunday!!
Today was a busy day so I’m running a little behind, but there is always room for vegan muffins! When it comes to muffins I’m all about them. For years I steered clear of them, because the mixture just always seemed off with vegan recipes. However, once I found a recipe that works..
I went full steam ahead to explore countless flavors such as Double Dark Chocolate Chip, Eggnog, Gingerbread, Peanut Butter & Chocolate, Dark Chocolate Strawberry, Orange Cranberry, Peach Oatmeal, Strawberry Basil, Raspberry Almond, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Apple, Blueberry Almond, Green Machine , Lemon Rosemary, & a Dark Chocolate & Raspberry muffins!
Out of all these flavors it occurs to me that one got away, a Lemon Blueberry! If you know anything about my preference, I’m all about lemon! I find that it only enhances the flavor of whatever fruit you pair with it and blueberry is one of the best!!
What’s fab about these muffins, is everything! Quick, easy, minimal ingredients, buttery soft, packs tons of blueberries, notes of lemon, aesthetically appealing, can easily be made in bulk, perf for any season, and just such a staple recipe!
If you love all things blueberry or are simply searching for a staple vegan muffin recipe, you’re going to love these vegan Lemon Blueberry Muffins!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for any season
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 5-10 depending on size
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 large banana, mashed, 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. For big-topped muffins, line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. (optional) Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add melted coconut oil, mashed banana, room temp almond milk, vanilla extract, lemon extract (optional), lemon zest, and lemon juice to a bowl and whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and coconut oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredient lightly combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick) Fold in the fresh blueberries saving a few to throw on top, and fill into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean. If the tops begin to dry out simply make a tent with aluminum foil to prevent them from further drying out.