Vegan Lemon Rosemary Muffins
Hello & Happy Sunday!!
If you haven’t heard, I’m on a muffin kick! For years I never made them as I found the texture in vegan recipes just to be off. They were always too dense or didn’t cook all the way thru. A truly good muffin should be light, but not cake like, dense, but not a brick lol, and this recipe is just that!
In the past few months I’ve been on a muffin binge! I found the perf recipe and from there created countless combos as the options are just endless. I’ve done Dark Chocolate Strawberry, Orange Cranberry, Peach Oatmeal, Strawberry Basil, Raspberry Almond, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Apple Muffins, Blueberry Almond, Green Machine and many more to come!
If you love a good muffin, you’ve come to the right place!!
In addition to having an affinity for the perf muffin, I love all things lemon. I think my love stems from childhood as my mom would always buy those powdered lemon cookies and I ate lemon drops (aka junk lol), so today I just love a good lemon concept. I find the flavor light, crisp, perf for any season, not overwhelming to my tastebuds, and it’s just so me! I also love anything with herbs, but especially sweet concepts as it just adds that hint of flavor that keeps you on your toes.
That being said, these vegan Lemon Rosemary Muffins were a no brainer.
This recipe is fab because it’s my staple muffin recipe, has minimal ingredients, you can modify the added sugar or even skip the icing on top, it packs a rich lemon flavor, a hint of rosemary, the olive oil ties everything in together, it’s perf for any season, and is a lemon lovers dream!
If you love fun fresh modern vegan concepts, you have to try my recipe for vegan Lemon Rosemary Muffins!
Why this recipe rocks:
Packed with lemon flavor
You can skip the icing to lower the sugar content
Hint of rosemary
Perf for any season
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-10 depending on size
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
3.8 based on 4 review(s)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar (additional for topping, optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup olive oil, (you can use coconut oil if preferred)
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tbsp rosemary, chopped
- Lemon zest (optional)
- 1 tbs coarse sugar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. For big-topped muffins, line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. (optional) Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, lemon zest, chopped rosemary, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, mashed banana, room temp almond milk, vanilla and lemon juice, lemon extract (optional), to a bowl and whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredient lightly combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick) Fill into the muffin cups and top with coarse sugar (optional).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean. If the tops are browning too much, simply turn down the heat to 375 for the remaining bake.
- Icing: Combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice and adjust to create the desired consistency. Drizzle over top and garnish with lemon zest.