Vegan Nacho Cheese Recipe
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
Only over the past two years have I really explored vegan cheese, because once upon a time, 90% of store bought options contained too many ingredients and the quality and creativity was always lacking..
Vegan cheese became ubiquitous for being bland, never melting properly, and always being way overpriced!
Today we are making strides in the vegan food industry. Store bought options for once pack flavor, come in more varieties, and have become more gourmet.
My favorite vegan variety is cashew cheeses. They actually resemble REAL cheese and hold flavor more so than any other kind I’ve experienced. So with all this buzz around vegan cheese I pursued making my own, and I have to say.. IT IS SO. EASY.
If you love to entertain or simply enjoy protein rich snacks that are nutrient dense, filling, and don’t disappoint.. You’ll LOVE this easy Spicy Vegan Cashew Cheese!! Pair it with salsa, guacamole, serve it with fresh veggies, or eat it by itself! (I totally did)
- - 10 oz cashews
- - 2 tbsp. cilantro
- - 3 tbsp yeast
- - 2 chilies in adobo sauce (for more spice, add more)
- - 2 tsp blend of Spanish spices
- - 1 garlic clove
- - 1/2 lime for juice
- - Soak cashews overnight in water for 24hrs
- - Place just cashews in a food processor, blend, add lime juice to get the right texture
- - Throw in the chilis in adobo sauce, garlic, cilantro, yeast, Spanish seasoning blend (cumin, chili powder etc)
- Serve with tortilla chips, soft tortillas, or veggies and enjoy!