Vegan Orange Cranberry Bread
Hello & Happy Sunday!!
When it comes to cranberries, I’m all about the fresh ones!! For years I only enjoyed the dried options, as the canned cranberry sauce just scarred me for life. However, fresh cranberries are amazing in baked goods, have a hint of sweet and a tart flavor profile that I just can’t resist.
While most of the holiday concepts are all about gingerbread, eggnog, pumpkin, etc. The Christmas holiday is also about celebrating cranberry and orange! Although I don’t enjoy these flavors separately (truth), together these flavors just blend seamlessly together.
When thinking of the next effortless holiday concept, I knew I had to do a bread, and the vegan Cranberry Orange Bread was born!!
What’s fab about this bread, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, packs flavor, has minimal added sugar, a sweetness from the banana (that’s where the brown spots come in), a tartness from the cranberries, has a buttery soft texture, & is perf for the holiday season!!
If you love all things cranberry & orange or are searching for a effortless festive bread, you’re going to love this vegan Cranberry Orange Bread!!
Why this recipe rocks:
No dairy or eggs
Minimal added sugar
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-8 slices
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups flour + 2tbs
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract (optional)
- Zest 1 orange
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well the bottom and sides of a 9x5" loaf pan with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. In a large bowl combine mashed bananas, almond milk (room temp) sugar, orange juice, orange zest, orange extract, vanilla extract, and melted coconut oil. If the oil begins to solidify due to the almond milk not being cold enough simply pop in the microwave for a minute.
- Slowly fold the wet ingredients into the dry, just until incorporated. Fold in 1 cup cranberries, Save the remainder to place on top of the loaf.
- Pour the batter into the pan and top with additional, top with additional. Bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Optional icing: combine all of the ingredients, and whisk until smooth. Add additional orange juice or powdered sugar to achieve your desired consistency. Pour over top.