Vegan Oven Fried Artichokes with Lemon Garlic Aioli
Hello & Happy Friday!!
If you know anything about me, I love all things artichokes! On any given day, you’ll find them in my pantry as they can seamlessly elevate any recipe in terms of nutrients and flavor. One of my favorite concepts is Fried Artichokes. While I gravitate away from anything fried on Eat Drink Shrink today, I felt a craving coming on and wanted to explore a baked version to see how it stacks up..
and the vegan Oven Fried Artichokes were born!
What’s fab about this dish, is simply everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, packs flavor, has no dairy or eggs in the batter, is baked not fried, can be made gluten free, features Panko which provides a more crispy like texture, is perfect for entertaining, perfect for any season, the sauce pairs seamlessly, and its non vegan approved
If you’re searching for the perf dish to entertain with that doesn’t involve a greasy mess or simply love all things artichokes, you have to try my recipe for Oven Fried Artichokes with Lemon Garlic aioli!
Why this recipe rocks:
No eggs or dairy
Can be made gluten free (GF Panko & flour)
Packs half the calories of the fried version
Perf for entertaining
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 4 servings
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 cans quartered artichoke hearts, drained and pat dry
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup Panko, crushed
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c.vegan Follow Your Heart parmesan, grated
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp horseradish
- 1 tsp garlic
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dry off the quartered artichokes with pepper towels to remove residual moisture.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and almond milk
- Place Panko in a plastic bag and crush to reduce the size of the breadcrumbs to more of a dish. In another bowl combine the Panko, vegan parm, salt, pepper, and dried parsley.
- Dredge the dried off artichokes first in the batter, then in the Panko mixture.
- Roast artichokes until crispy and olden, 15-18 minutes or until golden brown
- Garlic aioli: combine all of the ingredients in a bowl