Vegan Pad Thai Recipe
Hello & Happy Monday!!
Whether you’re a vegan or vegetarian, or none of the above, everyone loves Pad Thai! Over the years this dish has gotten a bad wrap for being pack with msg, sugar, and fat, making it not a healthy option. However, when made at home the stresses of all that go away as I pack my with tons of veggies, tofu, and make the sauce myself!
Everyone has their own approach to pad thai, but I love to keep mine simple, flavorful, with lots of texture!
What I love about this classic dish, is everything. It’s quick, easy, packs veggies making it more filling than other, (you can always add more), uses a flavorful sauce that can be used for a myriad of dishes, can easily be made in bulk, has vegan egg to mirror the traditional variety, is affordable, perf for any season and non vegan approved!
If you love a staple vegan dish, you have to try my classic Pad Thai!
Why this recipe rocks:
Can be made in bulk
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 4 servings
30 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1/2 package of pad thai noodles
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart Egg powder mixed with 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 carrot (peeled)
- 1 block firm tofu, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 2 sprigs cilantro
- 1 tsp lime zest (lime zest)
- 2 tbsp scallions
- Juice from 1/2 orange
- Juice from 1/2 lime juice
- 4 tbsp Tamari (gf)
- 2 tsp coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes or 4 tbsp Siracha
- 4-5 tbsp Peanut butter (or you can use almond but, texture will be drier)
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (optional)
- chopped peanuts
- sesame seeds as desired
- Soak noodles for 30minutes in cold water. (or make as directed). Mix vegan egg powder with water. whisk until smooth. In a large wok or pan cook the tofu for 5-7 minutes with a little bit of sesame oil. Set aside.
- Cook the vegan egg mixture for 5 minutes. Once scrambled scoot the the side of the pan. Add sesame oil and garlic, and cook for 1 minute until translucent, then add the bell pepper and carrots, and cook for 3, then add the bean sprouts and chopped scallions. Toss in the tofu and noodles and toss in the Thai Sauce. Top with crushed peanuts, cilantro, scallion, and a squeeze of lime.
- Sauce: Combine all the ingredients, whisk until smooth.