Vegan Peach Basil Muffins
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
Since the beginning of the year I’ve been producing a muffin recipe once a week. To date there has to be upwards of 30 different concepts as there is nothing quite like a fab muffin on a Saturday morning. I sometimes prefer them over the traditional pancakes as they’ll outlive any pancake, I can enjoy half, pack it with fruit, and the sweetness is being more derived from the fruit and the banana being used. While my typical breakfast go to’s are smoothies and or avocado toast, I love to mix it up on the weekends and do oat waffles (latest obsession) or a vegan muffin!!
Not crazy about Peach Basil Muffins?!
For the past 5 years of cooking I’ve been completely enamored with combining fresh herbs with fruit forward dishes. Gone are the days where herbs are only thought of as an addition to savory dishes. They truly enhance any dish, especially the sweeter kind! In addition to basil, thyme and rosemary also make a perf pairing with fruit, but more than anything basil goes with just about anything!
What’s fab about these muffins, is everything! It’s my staple muffin recipe, quick, easy, affordable, packs peaches, notes of basil, texture is buttery soft but more dense which I prefer, can easily be made in bulk, has aesthetic appeal, perf for summer entertaining, contains no dairy or eggs, and the sweetness is derived mostly from the fruit!
If you love fresh modern vegan muffins or all things peaches, you have to try this recipe for vegan Peach Basil Muffins!
Why this recipe is great:
Perf for summer
Minimal added sugar
No dairy or eggs
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 5-10 depending on size
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 large banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped peaches
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. For big-topped muffins, line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. (optional) Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add melted coconut oil, sugar, mashed banana, room temp almond milk, and almond/vanilla extract to a bowl and whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and coconut oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredient lightly combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick) Fold in the chopped basil and peaches saving a lil of both to go on top, and fill into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean. I like to cover the tops with an aluminum foil tint mid bake to If the to prevent the tops from drying out.