Vegan Pineapple Coconut Muffins
Hello & Happy Friday!!
Every weekend deserves a muffin and with the new spring weather arriving, it only meant one thing..
Vegan Pineapple Coconut Muffins!!
I don’t know about you, but I love anything that’s fruit forward and I’m enamored with with all things pineapple and mango. That being said, these new muffins were a no brainer. For a long time I avoided muffin recipes as I found the texture to be off with vegan recipes. However, once I stumbled upon the perf blend it was recipe after recipe!
To date I’ve made a vegan Blood Orange Muffin, Blueberry Basil, Lemon Poppy Seed, Lemon Blackberry, Matcha Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Pear, Triple Berry, Lemon Blueberry, Double Dark Chocolate Chip, Eggnog, Gingerbread, Peanut Butter & Chocolate, Dark Chocolate Strawberry, Orange Cranberry, Peach Oatmeal, Strawberry Basil, Raspberry Almond, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Apple, Blueberry Almond, Green Machine ,Lemon Rosemary, & Dark Chocolate & Raspberry muffins!
What’s fab about these muffins, is everything! It’s my staple muffin recipe, packed with pineapple flavor with notes of coconut throughout, dried coconut that adds texture, buttery soft, perf for spring, perf for brunch, and my newest obsession!
If you love all things pineapple or are just craving that effortless spring brunch concept, you have to try these vegan Pineapple Coconut Muffins!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for spring
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-8 depending on size
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 large banana, mashed, 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F., line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. (optional) Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add melted coconut oil, mashed banana, room temp pineapple juice, vanilla extract, crushed drained pineapple, to a bowl and whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and coconut oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredient lightly combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick) Fill batter into the muffin cups. Top with shredded coconut.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean. The larger you make the muffins the longer it will take to cook thru. If the tops begin to dry out or the coconut begins to brown too much simply make a tent with aluminum foil to prevent them from further drying out.
If you want to add more crushed pineapple, you could get away with 3/4 cup, a lil moisture will be added, but still really good and not soggy!