Strawberry Feta Pizza
Hello & Happy Thursday!
Summer has come and gone, but there is always room for strawberry concepts!
So I’m forever in a balsamic glaze phase.
I use a glaze on avocado toast, salads, tofu, faux chicken, ..you name it, I glaze it.
Glazes are good on all of the above and are wonderful in junction with fruit, especially strawberries!!
As a carb craver and one who has an affinity for the lighter side of things, an Arugula Strawberry balsamic glazed pizza with feta cheese and shiitake bacon just seemed like the best idea since becoming plant based!
I typically don’t love recipes with a lot going on in them, unless its a salad with every green under the sun.. but THIS recipe seamlessly blends together to offer a less heavy pizza with more diverse intricate flavors.
Its sweet from the strawberries, tart from the balsamic, savory from the shiitake bacon, cheesy from the crust, sour from the homemade feta cheese, peppery from the arugula, and smooth from the fresh avocado!
If you’re looking for a beautiful & flavorful pizza recipe, or something that will simply knock the socks off all your friends and family whether vegan or not, this vegan Strawberry Feta pizza is it!
Want to see how effortless it is to make Tofu Feta?!
Watch this clip above!!
Why this recipe is sheer perfection:
Fun to make
Yields 6-8 slices
2 hrPrep Time
40 minCook Time
2 hr, 40 Total Time
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- 2¼ tsp instant yeast
- 3¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Coarse semolina, to dust
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 5-7 large strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup tofu feta
- 2 cups vegan Follow Your Heart Mozzarella cheese
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups arugula
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup vegan Follow Your Heart parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 block of extra firm tofu
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 packages of shiitakes (sliced)
- 1 tbs tamari
- 1 tbs liquid smoke
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Shiitake Bacon: Slice the mushrooms, coat in all the ingredients and back in the oven on 250 for 30 minutes. Rotate the mushrooms in between midway for an even cook. Mushrooms should be crispy, not hard. (would do this first then you can let dough rise)
- To make the feta:Cut feta into pieces and soak in the water and vinegar with oregano for 5hrs or ideally overnight
- To make dough: Preheat oven to 200°F. In a bowl combine water and yeast and let sit for 5 minutes until yeast has dissolved and mixture is frothy. Add in flour, sugar, salt, and olive oil; knead on a floured surface for for 5-10 minutes until dough has formed. It should be elastic and pull away from the sides of the bowl. Transfer dough to a lightly oiled bowl; cover with aluminum foil, and place bowl in the oven. TURN OVEN OFF. Let the dough rise in the warm oven for about 2 hours until it has doubled in size. Divide into two balls of dough, then use one for the remainder of this recipe.
- Remove dough from oven, For a thin crust place baking sheet into the oven. Crank the heat on the oven up to 500 degrees. Let the sheet heat for at least 20 minutes in the oven. Dust a flat surface with semolina and stretch out the the pizza dough for baking. Take the heated tray out of the oven and transfer the dough directly on to it. This dough will start cooking right away providing a crispy crust. Bake the crust for 20 minutes. Then top with vegan cheese, strawberries, and red onion and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Once the crust is done, top with tofu feta cheese, shiitake bacon, avocado, arugula, fresh ground pepper, balsamic glaze, olive oil and basil.