Vegan Pumpkin Sheet Cake
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
It’s already Hump Day and Halloween weekend is almost here! I’ve whipped up a few spooky concepts that will be coming this week (stay tuned), but one thing is for sure..
It’s Pumpkin everything for Halloween!! What’s fab about this flavor is that it resonates with everyone for not only Halloween, but also Thanksgiving! So it’s back to back pumpkin lol, no complaints here!
In keeping with the theme of all things effortless I had to created a seamless sheet cake!! When it comes to icing cakes I’ve only taken perhaps one workshop while at NYU. It’s tedious, time consuming, and just not my cup of tea. That being said, sheet cakes are the perfect answer! You simply throw the ingredients together, spread some icing on top and boom, you have a cake!
This cake needs no pitch, because it’s just all that and more! It’s easy, has minimal ingredients, affordable, packs tons of pumpkin, has aesthetic appeal, perf for fall, such a breeze compared to icing a full cake, and will have you reaching for a slice again and again!
If you love all things pumpkin or simply effortless desserts, you have to try my recipe for vegan Pumpkin Sheet Cake with cream cheese icing!
Why this recipe rocks:
No fancy icing technique needed
Perf for fall
You can buy the icing and throw in a lil cream cheese
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-10 slices depending on size
10 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 6-8 tbs almond milk
- 3 tbs Follow Your Heart egg powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tub vegan vanilla icing (wholesome organic)
- 4tbs vegan cream cheese
- 3/4 cup toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil until blended. Combine the vegan egg powder with almond milk or water. You want to have a smooth consistency. Add the vegan egg mix, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves; add dry ingredients to wet mixture alternately with pumpkin puree, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to a greased 8inch baking pan lines with parchment paper for easy removal. Bake 30-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. It should start to slightly pull away from edges. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack. Remove pan and cool completely.
- combine the ready made icing and cream cheese in the bowl of a standing mixer and whisk until smooth. Spread over the cooled cake and garnish with chopped toasted pecans.
You can make your own icing, but the icing can be more runny due to the vegan cream cheese. Also this way is more quick and seamless!