Vegan Roasted Brussels Pasta with Shiitake Bacon in Dijon Garlic Cashew Cream Sauce
If you love all things Brussels or simple modern vegan eats, you’re going to love this recipe for vegan Roasted Brussels Sprout Pasta with shiitake bacon in a dijon garlic cashew cream sauce!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 4 servings
20 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 16 ounces Brussels Sprouts (halved)
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch each sea salt + black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tsps dried rosemary
- 1 Tbsp olive oil & 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- 4 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup white cooking wine
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp dijon
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Follow Your Heart vegan parmesan cheese - garnish
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts - garnish
- 2 tbs chopped parsley, optional - garnish
- 1 package sliced shiitakes
- 2 tsps soy sauce
- 2 tsp vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 bowls cooked penne pasta
- Shiitake Bacon: Preheat the oven to 250. Toss the sliced mushrooms in the ingredients and spread out on a baking sheet. Bake for 25-45 minutes until slightly crispy. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C) and add Brussels sprouts to a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, toss in the oil and garlic, & season generously with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Toss brussles midway to get an even bake, set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt generously. Once you hit a boil add the pasta and reduce to a simmer.
- Heat a large rimmed skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add butter, olive oil and shallots and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes until slightly golden brown. Add the wine. then add wine and sauté for 2-4 minutes, or until the wine has reduced by about half. Set aside.
- In a high power blender add the soaked cashews, garlic/shallot mixture, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, almond milk, dijon, salt/pepper and blend until smooth. Taste the sauce and add additional dijon or nutritional yeast as desired. Adjust the thickness at any point by adding almond milk.
- Transfer sauce back to the skillet and warm over medium-low heat until bubbly while whisking. Add the cooked pasta, roasted Brussels and shiitake bacon. Toss and coat. Garnish with toasted pine nuts and parsley.