Vegan Spinach Artichoke Soup
Hello & Happy Wednesday!
I don’t know about you, but I’m all about everything spinach and artichoke! Lately I’ve been on a mission to explore as many concepts to feature this classic combo as I find that it’s typically just used as a heavy dip. However, there is so much more you can do with spinach and artichokes, and just like that, I envisioned creating a fab vegan Spinach Artichoke Soup!
When it comes to soup, I’ll be honest, I typically only enjoy it at home & made from scratch. If I’m at a restaurant I’m paranoid about everything they put into it and the endless sodium content. The silver lining is that it’s just more of an excuse to explore endless soup concepts!
With the cooler temperatures around the corner I decided to whip up this spinach artichoke soup! Surprisingly enough there wasn’t a ton of recipes online for this concept. Instead of looking at that like this isn’t a ground breaking concept, I find that its an opportunity to create something magical!
What’s fab about this recipe, is simply everything! This soup has minimal ingredients, veggie packed, easy, creamy, affordable, perf for the fall season, can be made in minutes, can be made in bulk, perf for entertaining, has aesthetic appeal, and is just a game changing recipe!
If you’re looking to break into the world of modern vegan soups or simply love all things spinach artichoke, you have to try my recipe for vegan Spinach Artichoke Soup!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for fall
Can easily be made in bulk
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-8 cups pasta
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 cup sliced leeks, light green part only
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh garlic
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can artichoke hearts in water (13.75 oz.), drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat
- 5-6 cups fresh spinach (you can always use less)
- 1/2 cup vegan Follow Your Heart Parmesan
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Sauté leeks and garlic in oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until leeks are soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add artichokes; sauté 2-4 minutes, I like to get crispy brown pieces on the artichokes as it adds flavor. Add the wine and simmer until nearly evaporated.
- Stir in the vegetable broth, coconut milk bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Take about a cup full of the soup and add it to a blender or food processor with the soaked cashews. Blend until smooth.
- Add the mixture back into the pot. Simmer for 5 minutes, then add the spinach and vegan Parmesan (optional), and stir until spinach wilts; season soup with salt and pepper and serve.