Hello & Happy Thursday!!
I don’t know about you, but I can safely say.. growing up in my home we NEVER had taco night. Of course back in circa the 1990’s.. taco night consisted of an Old El Paso taco kit with shells and taco seasoning, and lord knows what else was in the ingredients..
Whether you had a weekly taco night in your family or completely missed the train on that one, today you can reconnect with your old favorites in your own home..
And you don’t need an Old El Paso Taco Kit.. or Taco Bell lol
What many fail to realize, is that tacos colorful, flavorful, and still healthy.
Throw in some faux meat crumbles, fresh guacamole w/kale, herbs, and tons of cabbage topped off with spicy tofu sour cream..
and you have yourself
…an amazing vegan taco
Eat Drink Shrink
20 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 package faux Beef crumbles
- 1 Chilies in adobo sauce (minced)
- 1 package Follow Your Heart Vegan sour cream
- 1 Tbsp Organic Spanish seasoning - cumin, garlic salt, chili pepper
- 1 cup White cabbage
- 1 cup Red cabbage
- 1 lime (juice)
- 12 Corn tortillas
- Tons of Cilantro
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Red onion
- 3 Avocados
- sea salt (as desired)
- - In a medium size pan cook garlic and olive oil for about 2 minutes until translucent over medium heat, then add the red onion, cook for 3-5 minutes.
- - Add in the ground beef and spices and lime juice, cook until fragrant, slightly crispy (10 minutes)
- - Finely chop adobo peppers and add 2tbsp of sauce, let simmer, set on low heat - don't overcook, can dry out.
- - Bake taco shells on 350 on either top or bottom rack. Place the tacos face down with the flaps of the tacos going through the spokes. (I covered two spokes with each taco to provide enough room for filling) Back for 5-7 minutes until slightly crisp.
- - To make the spicy sour cream combine vegan sour cream with one minced chili and 1tbs of adobo sauce, throw in some minced cilantro and lime juice
- - Assemble that tacos by placing the faux grounds in the tacos first, then top with cabbage, spicy sour cream, fresh avocado, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.
Want to get fancy?! - Make your own taco shells, its super easy and you just need a press (you can check out a how to video on my vegan workshop with Sarah at ICE NYC) - You can also make your own sour cream! - Want more nutrients?! make guacamole with kale!