Vegan Thai Cauliflower Rice
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
In recent years I’ve come to the conclusion that cauliflower is truly that magical vegetable. Although it may make you gasp, its more incredible than even..
You can make everything from soups to smoothies, bread, pizza crust, rice and I’m sure even more with this accessible and affordable veggie that’s good all year round. I love exploring new concepts with it as the options are truly endless. Lately I’ve been on a cauliflower rice kick. I’m one of those people that craves carbs so I love how it can be a substitute as it’s packed with fiber and so filling.
This time I wanted to bring my love for all things thai together with a rice dish, and it was simply, magical!
What I love about this dish, is everything! It’s quick, easy, has minima ingredients, affordable, can easily be made in bulk, packs texture, packs veggies, flavor, you could add a bit of heat if you desire, has aesthetic appeal, per for any season, and is non vegan approved!
If you love all things coconut and or lemongrass, this dish will easily sweep you off your feet! You have to try my vegan Thai Coconut Lemongrass Cauliflower Rice! (longest name ever lol)
Why this recipe rocks:
Yields 2 - 4 servings
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 head cauliflower
- Chimichurri sauce:
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbs lemongrass puree
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2-3 tsp lime zest
- 1/4 cup (packed) fresh cilantro
- salt/pepper as desired
- chopped scallions (optional)
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted cashews
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles small grain. Make sure the cauliflower is cut up into smaller bits to grind easier. Clean the food processor.
- In a pan over medium heat add the coconut oil and chopped red bell pepper. Cook until softened, 5 minutes, add the garlic, and lemongrass, cook for an additional 3.
- Toss in the cauliflower rice. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until softened.
- Finish off with the lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, and toasted cashews. Remove from heat, enjoy!