Vegan Thai Salad
Hello & Happy Monday!!
Since we could all use some phytonutrients this Monday I figured this easy effortless and gorgeous Thai Salad was the perfect recipe to share today!
I feel as though many of us get bored with salads, whether its the ingredients, or the appearance, the job can be completely mundane and comparable to having to remind yourself drink enough water throughout the day.
Like everything else, we need to make it fun, creative, and get some diversity in color and flavors with our salads!
This recipe was inspired by the “classic” Thai Salad that’s typically made with meat, but for whatever reason the flavors of the dressing in junction with the ingredients was something I always loved.
I was impressed with this fresh take on the classic Thai Salad for a multitude of reasons. One being that its more colorful and bright, two being that its more nutrient dense, and three being that its the perfect combination of sweet and spicy!
Craving more kcals?! simply add some faux grilled chicken or beef.
If you’re looking to quench your hunger or simply impress your non vegan guests
This recipe is the perfect idea!
Yields 2 salads
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Tamari
- 2 Tbsp. PB2 or almond butter
- 1 Tbsp. Grated Ginger
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 squeeze of orange
- 1/2 Tsp. Sriracha or red pepper
- 1/2 Tsp. Sesame Seeds (Optional)
- top with crushed peanuts (optional)
- 1 beet
- 1/2 mango
- 1/2 avocado
- few sprigs of mint
- 1 carrot
- black sesame seeds (as desired)
- crushed peanuts (as desired)
- Sauce: Mix all the ingredients together and serve with beet noodles, avocado and mango.
- For more spice use hot sesame oil instead