Vegan Triple Berry Banana Bread
Hello & Happy Monday!!
I’ve been craving all things berries so I’ve been on the move thinking of staple items you have to have, 1 was a muffin, another had to be a banana bread! Banana breads are my all time fave as I personally hate waste. Bananas are always going bad, so there will always be banana bread because..
it’s just the easiest thing to throw together and you can derive much of the sweetness from the bananas or additional fruit you throw in.
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It’s my staple banana bread, packed with fruit, perf for any season, contains minimal added sugar, buttery soft, easy to make, you can add lemon for a fun twist, perf for entertaining, and will be your new bff!
If you love all things berries or crave banana bread, you’re going to love this vegan Triple Berry Banana Bread!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Packed with Berries
Perf for any season!
Minimal added sugar
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-8 slices
10 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar or maple syrup
- 1 cup mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well the bottom and sides of a 9x5" loaf pan with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl combine mashed banana, almond milk (room temp), sugar, vanilla extract, and melted coconut oil. If the oil begins to solidify due to the almond milk not being cold enough simply pop in the microwave for a minute.
- Slowly fold the wet ingredients into the dry, just until incorporated. Fold in 1/2 cup of the mixed berries (slice the strawberries). Save the remainder to top it with.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and top with the additional berries. Bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Want to add notes of lemon?! Simply add 2 tsps of lemon zest and 1 tbsp lemon juice It may take longer to bake all the way thru the middle depending on the water content in the fruit. Simply make a tent with aluminum foil and continue to bake on 350 until done. This will prevent burning.