Vegan White Chocolate Mango Marsh Treats
Hello & Happy Wednesday!
The other week I was on a mango kick lol. I rarely see it in recipes and it’s sadly used more in chutneys, so I was on a mission to explore mango dessert concepts. Once of the concepts that screams nostalgia that I ironically didn’t enjoy that much as a kid, was marshmallow treats!
My mum never made them, never bought them, and I was under the false impression that they were involved. They are hands down the furthest thing from complex to date.
That being said, I love to put a modern spin on classic concepts and marshmallow treats are one of them. You can effortlessly find vegan marshmallows and organic rice cereal, and even vegan white chocolate! (Amazon) These mango treats popped into my head as I love all things white chocolate and anything with a tropical vibe as it gravitates away from the never ending chocolate based recipes.
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick, easy, features my favorite nut, favorite chocolate, I even embrace coconut with this recipe (not typically a fan), has more softness than the traditional variety, has texture, aesthetic appeal, captures the essence of warm weather treats, and is non vegan approved! (my only change would be to perhaps add dried mango to the top for an added touch!)
Take your love for marshmallow treats next level with my recipe for vegan White Chocolate Mango Marsh Treats!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for warm weather
A modern spin on a classic concept
Yields 4-8 depending on size
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 6 cups organic rice cereal
- 1 1/2 packages Dandies vegan Marshmallows
- 4 tbs coconut oil
- 3 tbsp mango puree
- 1-2 packages vegan white chocolate chips (I used 2, brand on Amazon)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup crushed toasted macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup toasted shredded coconut
- In a large pant melt coconut oil. Add marshmallows, cook until fully melted. Add the mango puree and combine. Once combined, turn off heat and add the cereal and continue to combine. If the mixture seems too stick still, add more cereal. Press into a dish and allow to slightly firm for 5 minutes in the fridge. Melt coconut oil and chips in the microwave for 30 seconds while continue to stir every 10-15 seconds until fully melted. Drizzle over the top. While still wet top with the nuts and coconut. Allow to cool, slice and enjoy!