Vegan Whole Wheat Banoffee Bread
I can’t believe Christmas is here and gone, but I’m actually excited to break into lighter and brighter food concepts to get everyone back on track post holidays. At this point we’ve all potentially indulged way too much. Since many of us are taking time away from work until 2018 though, I figured this would be the perf time to whip up some effortless staple vegan eats!
I personally like banana bread as it’s nostalgic, effortless, and everyone loves it. However, as someone who cooks daily, I have to mix it up or I just get bored lol. That being said, this vegan whole wheat Banoffee Bread came to mind!
In all honesty I’m not a big coffee drinker today, especially during the winter as it just makes my skin feel more dry. I love to throw it into recipes though as coffee ice cream was and still is one of my personal favorites! Coffee also pairs well with anything chocolate.
For some reason it enriches the flavor and can take a good dessert to a fab dessert!
What’s great about this recipe is, everything! It’s made with whole wheat, sweetened with minimal coconut sugar, minimal ingredients, majority of sweetness and softness is derived from the bananas, no eggs, amazing coffee flavor, multiple textures with the crunchy pecans and coffee beans, aesthetic appeal, pairs amazing with a cup of coffee, perf for any season, and non vegan approved!
If you love all things coffee or banana then this recipe for vegan whole wheat Banoffee Bread is for you!
Why this recipe rocks:
Whole wheat flour
Notes of coffee and chocolate
Non vegan approved
Minimal added sugar
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 8-10 slices
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans (chopped)
- 1/3 cup instant coffee grains
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350, grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl sift together the dry ingredients, flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder
- In another bowl mash the bananas removing any large chunks. Add the coconut sugar, oil, coffee, vanilla, until evenly combined.
- Now fold in the dry ingredients until everything comes together. Try not to over mix as bread won't rise as much!
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out cleans. Once completely cool top with chocolate, roasted pecans, and coffee beans!