Watermelon Tofu Feta Cheese Salad
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
After this long and glorious holiday weekend I felt that it was the perf time to share a last minute summer salad recipe that doesn’t disappoint.
A lot of times salads incorporate various fruits such as cranberries, apples or mango, but watermelon is an amazing addition when paired with fresh basil or mint!
I personally love this salad as arugula and avo are my favorite, the watermelon adds a hint of sweetness, the feta cheese a hint of tartness, and the red onion, basil, and balsamic glaze seamlessly tie everything all in together..
If that’s not enough, the presentation alone makes for a gorgeous salad that will impress anyone and everyone
If you love a light summer salad that offers intricate flavors or simply need a go to recipe during those horrible days of winter when you’re longing for summer..
this is it!
See how easy it is to make tofu feta by watching the clip above!
- 2 Tbsp. olive
- 4 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. sea salt, plus more to taste
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 large seedless cucumbers, thinly sliced
- ½ cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2-4 cups arugula
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup extra firm tofu
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp basil
- 1 cup water
- Remove excess water from extra firm tofu with paper towels. Place in a container full of vinegar, water, and basil, let marinate for at least 24hrs
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, and salt in a large bowl, stirring well. Add watermelon, vegan feta, cucumber, and onion and toss to coat well. thinly sliced fresh basil and sprinkle on salad. Top with 2 tbsp of the balsamic reduction
- In a small sauce pan reduce over high heat for 1 minute, add sugar, once boiling reduce to medium heat and continue to whisk. Sauce should become thickened. Set aside to cool and dress salad.