Vegan Wedge Salad
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
If I had to recall the last time I had iceberg lettuce, let’s just say …it’s been ages.
For whatever reason, mainly being that it doesn’t pack the same nutrients as darker greens and is mostly water, I’ve never been too fond of it.
Except when it comes to making a vegan Wedge Salad. !!
There is something about blue cheese that just blends seamlessly with iceberg lettuce and some shiitake bacon
If you’re look,ing to recreate a classic salad, impress your non vegan friends, or just get some diversity in your salad game..
You need to try my recipe for a vegan Wedge Salad with shiitake bacon!
Why this recipe rocks:
Tons of flavor
Perf pre dinner salad
Yields 2 to 4 servings
25 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 2 small tomatoes (about 8 ounces total), diced
- Kosher salt
- 1 small red onion, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh juice from 1 lemon
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, outer leaves discarded and quartered through core so that each quarter holds together
- Minced chives, for garnish
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp Vegan Magic or (2 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tsp red pepper, 1 tsp liquid smoke)
- shiitake bacon
- wash and thinly slice mushrooms. Marinate in all of the ingredients for as long as you can, (you can simply soak and then bake if needed) Bake in the oven at 200 degrees for 30-40 minutes, rotate midway. Should be slightly soft yet crispy
- Arrange iceberg wedges on plates and spoon dressing on each. Top with shiitake bacon, chives, red onion, and black pepper