Zucchini Cheese Sticks
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
What I had yet to try though was.. a vegan cheese stick!
From a distance I thought, eh, that won’t work, too much moisture in zucchini and it will just be a big ol soggy mess. While that can happen if the zucchini is drained of its moisture, if done right..
You have some easy peasy cheesy vegan amazingness!
Its crispy, crunchy, and the zucchini actually holds up post baking!
What I love about this recipe is that it includes a handful of ingredients, no sugar, tons of veggies, a handful of cheese, and cuts out carbs by substituting zucchini for the base!
If you’re looking for an alternative to the traditional cheese breadsticks and have an affinity for all things zucchini like me..
You have to try my recipe for vegan Zucchini Cheese Sticks!
Why this recipe rocks:
Packed with zucchini
Non vegan approved
Great for entertaining
Can season however you like!
Yields 16 sticks
20 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 3 cups shredded zucchini (about 3 medium)
- 3 tbsp vegan Follow Your Heart eggs mixed with cold almond milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup shredded Follow Your Heart vegan mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded Follow Your Heart vegan cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flake
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Sprinkle the shredded zucchini with salt to release some of its moisture. Let sit 10-15 minutes, then squeeze zucchini in a clean cheese cloth to release most or all of the liquid.
- Mix zucchini, vegan eggs and flour in a medium bowl. Lightly grease a pan with coconut oil, spread the zucchini mixture onto a large thin rectangle. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the edges are nicely brown. Make sure it's nice and golden on the sides and top so the crust isn't mushy.
- Reduce the oven to 350 degrees F, sprinkle the crust with vegan cheese, garlic, and red pepper. Continue baking until the cheese is just melted. Let cool a few minutes, then cut into sticks. Serve with fresh marinara!