Zucchini Cheddar Bread
Hello and Happy Thursday!
I’m not going to lie, this whole week has flown by with so much work that I thought today was Wednesday lol.
On another note, I’ve been exploring bread concepts as nothing beats fresh bread! What can be a struggle with making a variety of breads featuring veggies is that it ups the moisture content making it harder for the bread to cook all the way through. So in essence, I’d love to pack this bread to the max with more zucchini, but the result will just be a mess lol.
What I love about this recipe is that its light, easy, cheesy, packs zucchini, and has a hint of onion and garlic! I also enjoyed the presentation of this bread with the cheese and zucchini peels being seen throughout and how it pairs perfectly with hot soup or vegan chili!
If you’re looking to find more uses for zucchini in your recipes or simply have even a single zucchini going bad..
You have to try this recipe for vegan Zucchini Cheddar Bread!
Why this recipe rocks:
Can be made with vegan egg or flax egg!
Yields 8 slices
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups grated vegan Follow Your Heart cheddar
- 1 cup almond milk, w/ 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup melted vegan Earth Balance butter
- 2 tbsp vegan Follow Your Heart eggs
- 2 tbs chives (or more)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, garlic, salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vegan buttermilk (almond milk and apple cider vinegar) and vegan egg powder. Whisk the melted vegan butter into the buttermilk mixture.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mix, and gently combine. Don't over mix the batter. Stir in the vegan shredded cheese, shredded zucchini and chopped chives. Line a 9 x 5 baking tin with parchment paper and bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the bread comes out clean.
- Don't add too much zucchini, will have too much moisture and not cook all the way through. - 1 tbsp white table sugar optional - No vegan egg? Make a flax egg!