Vegan Truffled Zucchini Fries
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
If there is one veggie the you can do a myriad of things with.. its zucchini!!
You can add moisture and nutrients to dessert recipes, make noodles, a pizza crust, savory breads, sauces, bread sticks (coming soon) and even.. effortless fries!!
While you can do many innovative things with zucchini, also simply throwing them on the grill provides an amazing flavor that really compliments zucchinis. One of my favorite go to quick recipes is actually grilled zucchini and red pepper sammie’s topped with spinach pesto! (zee besto)
What I love about this recipe is that its easy, requires minimal ingredients, packs flavor, uses truffle oil & rosemary (faves), has little calories, is great for entertaining, has a crunch factor, and more nutrients than the traditional potato based fries!
If you have an affinity for rosemary, truffle oil, or fries, you need to try this recipe for vegan Truffled Zucchini Fries asap!
Why this recipe rocks:
Baked not fried
Truffle oil is the jam
Non vegan approved
Great for entertaining
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 24-30 fries
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 3 large zucchini
- 2 cups vegan panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated vegan Follow Your Heart Parmesan cheese
- 1½ tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 4 tbsp vegan Follow Your Heart egg powder
- 2 tbsp rosemary (minced)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbs truffle oil (can use olive oil)
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart vegan mayo
- 2 cloves garlic (pressed)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Remove the stem from either end, then cut the zucchini through the middle into two equal halves. Slice each piece lengthwise in half again.
- Lay on the cutting board, flat side down. Cut into ¼-1/3 inch slices. No two zucchini's are the same, but, it's important that the pieces be the same width and length so, the fries will cook evenly.
- on a large plate mix together the Panko, vegan Parmesan cheese, rosemary, Italian seasoning and garlic salt until well blended. Prepare the dredging ingredients with vegan egg wash in one bowl and other with the panko Parmesan crumbs. Liberally coat the baking pan with olive to prevent sticking. Dip the zucchini in the vegan egg wash then into the panko Parmesan breadcrumbs. Place side by side on the baking rack leaving equal space between each piece.
- Drizzle each with a little truffle oil. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden and crispy.Allow to cool to cool for a couple of minutes before removing to a serving plate. To make the sauce, throw all the ingredients together and blend. Top with additional parmesan and rosemary.
You could make a flax egg as an alternative or use flour mixed with almond milk.