Holiday Breakfast Parfait
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SimplySatisfying #CollectiveBias
Hello & Happy Wednesday!
If there is one thing I’m an advocate for, its giving food as gifts for the holidays! I find that it’s more personal, involved, and truly resonates with people more than buying the typical gift card.
While you can bake cookies and pies, I actually love to create quick breakfast items for friends and colleagues as I feel that right before Christmas comes is when we’re truly scrambling to get things done and reaching for a bite here or a bite there, but never in our normal routine.
Thus an effortless breakfast bite that encompasses all of my favorite holiday flavors is the perf idea for personally made gift for friends and colleagues.
I know what you’re thinking, breakfast? For a gift? I’m telling you, when people are reaching for a quick bite it will be that of a cookie or something lacking any sort of nutrients!
What I love about this particular concept is that it involves a handful of affordable and accessible ingredients, is colorful, flavors, has healthy fats, eggnog chia pudding, a hint of tartness with the orange infused cranberry sauce, some crunch with the classic Quaker® Simply Granola, which contains real fruit, nuts and is a good source of fiber, is topped with a dollop of cinnamon coconut whip, the colors don’t bleed together, you can decorate the jars as you please, and friends get to keep and reuse the jars!
While this treat should be refrigerated for the best results due to the chia pudding and coconut whip, the cold temperatures alone will actually help mitigate spoilage! (unless you live in Florida or are on the west coast lol)
If you’re looking for a modern foodie gift to give your friends and coworkers this year, skip the gift cards, potpourri, cookies.. and give them an effortless Holiday Breakfast Parfait w/all the flavors of the season to achieve simple satiety and to show that you care!
Ingredients for cranberry sauce: Sugar, cranberries, orange juice/zest
Combine the orange juice and sugar
Add the cranberries and cook until softened
Add the granola
To make the chia pudding combine the chia seeds with Eggnog (allow to thicken)
Now layer and top with coconut whip!
Eat Drink Shrink
25 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 cups Quaker® Simply Granola Oats, Honey Raisin & Almonds
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup 3/4 granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (from about 2 oranges)
- 1 12-ounce packageof cranberries
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 cup vegan eggnog
- 1 can coconut milk (refrigerated overnight, solid portion only)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Over medium heat, dissolve the honey or granulated sugar in the orange juice. Add 2 tablespoons of orange zest. Add the cranberries and cook, uncovered, until most of the berries have popped and the sauce has thickened quite a bit (it'll continue to thicken as it cools). It takes about 10 – 15 minutes. Pour the sauce in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- For the chia pudding combine all of the ingredients and refrigerate for a few hours. the consistency should think and the seeds expand.
- For the coconut whip throw all of the ingredients in the bowl of a standing mixer. Whip until smooth and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Layer the parfait in whatever way you please. Wrap with ribbons and pine and even add gift tags!
This is not a vegan recipe with the use of Quaker® Simply Granola Oats, Honey Raisin & Almonds, but can be made vegan by using an alternative.