Pour Le Monde Perfume Review
Hello & Happy Saturday!!
Since the inception of Eat Drink Shrink in 2012, I made an objective to rid my routine of toxic products. From skincare to haircare and everything in between, I tried countless products from large distributors to those who make everything by hand in their own home.
In my search to find the highest quality clean products I noticed a lack in the perfume arena.
Many simply take the approach of opting for essential oils to avoid having to use perfumes. However over time there have been some companies to release some wonderful non toxic options that don’t leave you smelling like petchuli lol.
One of my personal faves, is Pour Le Monde!
Pour Le Monde was founded on the grounds that natural perfumes should be accessible today in a world that’s gravitating more towards cleaner products. Having to orchestrate a wedding in the next few weeks I was on the search to find the perfect non toxic perfume to compliment the day. Pour Le Monde comes in 3 different fragrances that are perfect for various occasions.
The Empower scent pairs perfectly for those days that you want more of an earthy summer smell. The Envision is perfect for night offering more of a deeper scent with notes of sandalwood and vanilla. The Together scent I feel is more for an everyday smell that you’ll use more frequently.
What I love most about Pour Le Monde is the price point is good for the quantity and compared with other natural perfumes on the market, there are 3 solid fragrance option that are perfect for various occasions, the packaging is clean and crisp just like the scents are, you can purchase them FROM MACY’S, which speaks volumes about their credibility, and I can spray without fearing what potential toxins I’m exposing myself to.
Gone are the days of scouring the internet for an accessible natural perfume. You can purchase all three varieties at your local Macy’s!
If you’re looking to explore the world of natural perfumes, I highly recommend Pour Le Monde perfumes!
What We Do
Pour le Monde®, (for the world) is the only certified 100% natural, fine fragrance company on the market. Our eau de parfums are crafted from entirely pure ingredients and represent a luxurious new era in scent craft, one that supports health of body and spirit as a universal expression of beauty.
We are dedicated in delivering safe, elegant non-toxic fragrances by using certified 100% natural essential oils and infusing them with a grain alcohol. Created by acclaimed natural fragrance designers, our eau de parfums gently develop on your skin and respond with your body chemistry, individualizing each experience.
Vegan, animal cruelty-free and recognized by the prestigious Natural Products Association each sensual and classic scent benefits a different charity: Guiding Eyes for the Blind, Cancer Support Community and National MS Society, giving true meaning to the words, for world…naturally!
Read more about Wendi the founder here
We believe fragrances should be made from the
What We Put In:
Certified 100% natural essential oils and natural isolates
Natural grain alcohol
Natural Perfume vs. Synthetic Perfume
To protect trade secrets, companies are permitted by the FDA to withhold fragrance ingredients, so consumers can’t rely on labels to know what hazards may lurk inside their bottle of perfume. That gives companies the freedom to load some fragrances with secret chemicals, sensitizers, potential hormone disruptors and chemicals not assessed for safety. Some of the most talked about ingredients of concern in fragrances are:
• Parabens– a commonly used synthetic preservatives in many fragrances, they can interfere with the production and release of hormones. Pour le Monde does not use parabens in any of our fragrances.
• Phthalates– this popular fragrance preservative is usually highly concentrated in most commercial perfumes. A known carcinogen, health effects may include damage to liver/kidneys, birth defects, decreased sperm counts and early breast development in girls and boys. Pour le Monde does not use phthalates, period.
• Synthetic Musks– studies have shown that several types of synthetic musks not only may disrupt hormones, but traces have been found in: fat tissue, breast milk, body fat, umbilical cord blood, both fresh and marine water samples, air, wastewater and sludge. Pour le Monde does not use any synthetics or synthetic musk in their fragrances.
Natural fragrances are essential oils and isolates derived from botanical ingredients that are harvested from the earth such as: flowers, fruits, sap, seeds or skin of the plant, as well as the bark, leaves, roots, resins or wood of certain trees and not from a lab (synthetic). The oils Pour le Monde uses are derived from natural raw materials by either steam or water distillation, a technique that has been around for centuries. Some ‘naturals’ are created from absolutes, a process that uses either hexane or petroleum ether.
While the oils that come from this rich process are washed, they still contain trace amounts of petrochemicals and are not recognized by the Natural Products Association. Naturals, because they are limited, need to be harvested responsibly and have to be imported from around the world, creating greater expense. It is much more cost effective to try to replicate nature in a lab.
Smooth and seductive. Daring and exotic. Irresistibly sensual and long lasting. For when you want to make a statement!
- Top notes: A citrus accord of Italian Bergamot, Brazilian orange, Persian lime, Florida grapefruit and pink peppercorn for that little kick!
- Middle: Lavender from the fields of South France, Palma rosa and Egyptian geranium rose deliver a nuance of femininity
- Base: The warmth and sexiness of Indonesian patchouli and creamy sandalwood blend with the sweetness of Madagascar vanilla to create a scent with serious cuddle factor!
Fresh and spirited. Playful and energizing. An invigorating unisex scent. Men and women can’t get enough of it!
- Top notes: Exquisite citruses from all over the world! Persian lime, Italian Bergamot, Brazilian Orange, Florida grapefruit and lemon for a citrus splash
- Middle: Cassis, lemongrass and the peddly soft orange flower play well with the energy and cleaness of spearmint and super grade basil
- Base: The sensual warmth of cedar wood, naturally derived benzoin and a drop of Indonesian patchouli make Empower a comforting and traditional eau de parfum
Elegant and graceful. A classic woodsy floral that’s flirtatious yet delicate. She’ll always be remembered for it!
- Top notes: The deliciousness of Argentina lemon, Italian Bergamot and a little mixed berry
- Middle: A bouquet of the most popular floral favorites: jasmine, violet, freesia and lilac hailing from the most ancient tradition of perfumery
- Base: Creamy woodsy blends, Madagascar vanilla, balsam and a dash of patchouli for added sexiness, making everyday a special day!