Vegan Shredded “Pork” Quesadilla
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone #TailgateWithATwist #CollectiveBias
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
Everyone has their random foodie cravings that they gravitate towards. my personal favorite is quesadillas! (I even have a quesadilla maker lol) I find them easy, typically cheesy, great for travel, and the options are just endless in terms of what you can pack it with and what sauce you’d like to pair it with.
If you love quesadillas too, then I love you already!
While brainstorming for the perfect quesadilla combo it dawned on me to break away from the typical combinations and create a grilled bbq concept. Having received the newly released MorningStar Farms® Veggie Pulled Pork and peach season still in full swing, this recipe for vegan Peach Bbq Pulled Pork Quesadillas was a no brainer!
In addition to my love for quesadillas, I have an affinity for grilling, ..everything! It could be summer, fall, winter, or spring, everything tastes better grilled. (promise)
Years ago I would have thought that a homemade bbq sauce had to be a long drawn out process however.. it’s so easy you could do it with one eye open, hoping on one foot and liking someones redundant smoothing bowl pictures on instagram lol
What I love about this dish is how effortless it is! It’s affordable, involves a handful of ingredients, you can switch up the “meat” of the quesadilla to be jackfruit, carrots, zucchini or whatever you’re craving, use a different fruit for the sauce, it packs flavor, a hint of heat, a hint of sweet, is great for entertaining bc you can easily slice and serve them, is perf for any season, and non vegan approved!
If you’re searching for a seamless modern vegan concept that won’t leave your tastebuds bored for Labor Day Weekend or your next home tailgating party, you need to try this recipe for vegan Peach Bbq “Pork” Quesadillas!!
Doesn’t sound good?!
You have to grill it to believe it!!
MorningStar Farms® Veggie Dogs are also a perf grilling options. Find both at your local Walmart!
MorningStar Social Channels:
Why this recipe rocks:
Can switch up the fruit in the sauce
Opt for carrots, chickpeas, lentils or jackfruit instead!
Perf for entertaining
Good for any season
Non vegan approved
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6 slices
25 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 2 tortilla (large)
- 1 back Morning Star Farms Pork
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 diced peach
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup tamari
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- Bbq sauce: throw everything in a pan over medium heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. Throw in a blender for a smooth texture if desired! Throw the faux pork into the pan and toss and coat. Cook for an additional 2 on medium/high heat to char some pieces as it adds flavor!
- Heat a grill, lay out one tortilla. Grill for 3 minutes until you get grill marks. Fold in half and top with the coated meat crumbles. Top with vegan cheddar and red onion. Cook on both sides. Use a press if you have one!
- Slices, top with additional sauce and serve!