Grilled Peach & Feta Salad
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
If you haven’t noticed, I went through a huge peach phase recently lol. Although from Georgia, I never really ventured out to develop a lot of peach inspired recipes.
Like all fruits, I love to pair them with savory dishes almost more than the commonplace desserts. It adds another dimension of flavor and texture and can take an everyday recipe.. to a fab recipe.
Another kick I’ve been on is creating modern salads, I feel as though for the longest time salad were ubiquitous for being boring and lacking flavor. Today, I hope that everyone is taking a more modernized approach to making salads more fun, colorful, flavorful, and nutrient dense!
What I love about this salad is the simplicity in the ingredients and how they just seamlessly blend together. The feta adds a hint of tartness, the peaches a hint of sweet, the basil a savory flavor, and the candied pecans more texture richness!
If you’re looking for a vegan salad concept that is aesthetically pleasing and is an all around crowd pleaser.. you have to try my Grilled Peach Salad!
Want to see how easy it is to make Tofu Feta?!
Watch this clip above!
Why this recipe rocks:
20 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 medium shallot
- 1 peach
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup frisee
- 1 avocado
- 10 basil leaves
- 1/2 block of extra firm tofu
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 cup raw pecans (rounded)
- 1 tablespoon golden flax seed (ground)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegan earth balance butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Better Body Foods coconut sugar (divided)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less to taste)
- To make the feta:Cut feta into pieces and soak in the water and vinegar with oregano for 5hrs or ideally overnight
- To make the candied pecans, in a small bowl combine flax seed meal, maple syrup, melted vegan butter, almond milk and vanilla. Stir well. Let stand one minute or more. Add pecans into flax mixture. combine. Now add the coconut sugar and cinnamon, toss to combine again. Stir well and let stand while preparing cinnamon sugar and baking sheet.Place coated nuts in a single layer on a lightly greased pan topped with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Sprinkle nuts with remaining tablespoon of coconut sugar. Bake at 275 degrees Fahrenheit for approx. 30 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet then remove.
- Take peaches and light coat with olive oil. Grill each side for 3-5 minutes on medium. Assemble the salad by thrown the greens, sliced shallots, tofu feta, avocado, basil, candied pecans, and peaches together. Top with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.