OSMIA ORGANICS REVIEW & GIVEAWAY!! (closed)
HELLO & HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!
I WANTED TO TELL YOU ABOUT ANOTHER ONE OF MY TOP FAVORITE NATURAL SKINCARE LINES!!
EVERYTHING FROM PACKAGING, INGREDIENTS, TO THE DIVERSITY AMONG THE PRODUCTS TRULY RESONATES WITH MY PERCEPTION OF WHAT AN AMAZING ORGANIC SKINCARE LINE SHOULD BE LIKE
Osmia was created by Sarah pictured above who is an actual MD!! Sarah possessed a passion for creating high quality organic skincare products and left the medical field to embrace this inherent calling
Osmia, as I use it, means “sense of smell”. Every Osmia product is made with utmost attention to the scent and its aromatherapeutic benefits. In a broader sense, it is also a reminder to sense your life. Stop what you are doing and really see the color of the sky. Notice the taste of your coffee, even if it’s the same type you drink every morning. Feel how your child’s hand feels in yours – soft, little, warm. Hear not only the music, but the silence that happens when you turn off the music. Because if we don’t sense our lives, and all the precious beauty that can be found in a regular old day, well that’s really just silly.
NONE OF THEM CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING:
- Ethoxylated ingredients (this includes “e-wax” or “emulsifying wax”, polysorbates, and things that end in “eth”, all used in many natural skin care products). The reason for this is that ethoxylation releases 1-4 dioxane (so yuck) into the water supply.
- Parabens and phthalates due to hormonal and endocrine side effect potential.
- Sodium lauryl sulfate (or other similar sulfates) due to high irritation potential.
- Petroleum-based ingredients because decreasing dependence on the petroleum industry would be good for this planet (see packaging section for why I do not give us an A+ in this department). Also, petroleum products have comedogenic (pore blocking) properties – our skin is an exchange organ, and products that block that exchange seem particularly unhealthy to me.
- Synthetic fragrance, including fragrance oils or fragrance based preservatives (Parfum, for example). I avoid these because I, like many others, have a bad reaction to synthetic fragrance – headaches mostly – while I can wear natural perfume all day.
- Artificial colors – because nature gives us enough options.
- Ingredients that involve animal cruelty. I have been a vegetarian for 13 years, and teach my children that all animals are to be treated with kindness and respect. When my older daughter came home one day talking about “meat chickens”, I told her that there was no such thing – a chicken is a chicken. However, we do use some animal ingredients – organic beeswax, lanolin, and organic buttermilk. And, while some vegan friends may disagree, I do not believe that these ingredients, when attentively sourced, are the cause of cruelty to the animals that provide them.
Detox Exfoliating Mask
Three kinds of purifying clay, nourishing raw cacao and manuka honey, and toxin-removing activated bamboo charcoal are the key ingredients in this dual-purpose exfoliating mask. It comes as a dry powder with a small, ceramic dish and stirring spatula, as pictured. It may be used weekly as an exfoliating paste – the organic, finely-ground walnut shells and olive leaf powders will gently resurface and condition the skin. If left on for 15-20 minutes as a mask first, it will also pull impurities from the skin as it dries. The raw cacao will soften the skin, as its natural caffeine tones and lifts. Afterwards, step in the shower and softly massage the mask away, leaving behind smooth, soft, conditioned skin.
Due to the tightening action of clay, mild redness, especially in sensitive types, may occur for 15-20 minutes – if you are very sensitive, do a patch test on the inner arm first.
For: All skin types
Use once a week, twice at the most. Be sure to use only the gentlest pressure with any exfoliating treatments.
This natural lip gloss gets its gorgeous color from beet root and alkanet root, and, somehow, looks good on EVERYONE! The texture is smooth and silky, and not too-sticky. The scent is gentle, from organic geranium essential oil, and a touch of organic vanilla CO2 extract. We hope it’s the best lip gloss in your collection!
Black Australian clay and dead sea mud balance and tone the skin, while organic almond, avocado, and castor bean oils condition. Coconut milk helps make the beautiful, white lather. This is the soap I recommend for perioral dermatitis. For extremely sensitive skin, try a test patch on your inner arm first – the dead sea mud can be mildly tingly.
For normal, problem, and combination skin.
THE CUTEST littlest SOAP TRAY I’VE EVER SEEN!!
Facial Calibration Serum
A select combination of plant oils, chosen for their balancing qualities, helps skin become more even and smooth, and assists in regulating sebum production. Olive squalane, kukui oil, and macadamia oil nourish the skin, and calming schisandra fruit extract soothes irritation. Super powered acai delivers an antioxidant boost, and organic black seed oil brings a vitamin and mineral infusion.
Absorbs quickly, and does not leave the skin oily. In fact, used regularly, this face serum can help oily skin behave itself, and combination skin become less confused. The scent is mildly herbaceous, with the subtle spicy undertones of black cumin seed oil.
For: Normal, combination, oily skin.
How: 1/2 to one pump over the face and neck after cleansing, while skin is still quite damp
MY TWO FAVES?!