Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
There are a few things that are for certain..
I love a good crumble and cobbler of any kind lol.. (I’m from Georgia)
So when I was thinking of a classic recipe to recreate sans animal products that was comprised of oats and fruit, an Apricot crumble seemed like the answer!
I wanted to also note that in all honesty, I’ve never had a fresh apricot until creating this recipe! (its true, I only had dried)
This should be a prime example that whether or not you study nutrition or love to cook, there is always something you’ve never cooked with or never even tried.. always be open to new foods!
Come to find out, fresh apricots are indeed …amazing! (sweet, tart, and perf in this recipe)
This classic easy peasy vegan crumble is wonderful in many ways, mostly in part due to the fact that they’re so versatile! Throw in any fruit or fruits and serve warm by itself or with vegan ice cream.. and viola!
There are very few recipes that I would eat all year round (including the 100 degree NYC summer)
and a crumble would be it!
- 3 1/2 cups pitted, sliced fresh apricots
- ½ cup granulated sugar*
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- zest of one small lemon
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 5 tbsp. (¾ stick) cold vegan unsalted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together apricots, granulated sugar, cornstarch, ginger, cinnamon, and lemon zest. Stir gently until apricots are evenly coated with the sugar-spice mixture. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oats, coconut flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add butter cubes and use your fingers to work the butter into the oat mixture until it clumps together and butter is worked into the oats and flour.
- Sprinkle topping over apricots.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown, about 35 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.