Vegan Banofee Zucchini Bread Pudding
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
I have to say, this recipe name should be Banoffee Zucinii bread pudding, but the name just didn’t come across appealing and it was just way too long lol.
I’ve been in a phase of exploring zucchini based recipes. While zucchini is typically used in dishes of the more savory variety, it actually pairs perfectly with desserts as well and adds moisture content and nutrients!
If you’re looking to explore more variations with your everyday zucchini routine, you have to try this recipe for Banoffee Zucchini Bread Pudding!!
Why this recipe rocks:
Moist! (hate that word! lol)
Pairs perf with bourbon!
Can be topped with ice cram or eaten alone!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 8 to 10 slices
20 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup Better Body Foods coconut sugar (additional for topping) (or to cut sugar, use 5-7 drops of liquid stevia)
- 1/2 banana (mashed)
- 1/2 banana diced and additional for topping
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 shot espresso
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup grated zucchini (about 1 large zucchini) -
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- Walnut Streusel
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cold Earth Balance butter, cubed
- 20 pitted dates - If dried out, soak in hot water for 5-7 mins
- 1/2 cup water, almond milk or coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat 1 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" bread pan with coconut oil. In a large bowl, cream together melted coconut oil (room temp), maple extract and coconut sugar. Once combined, add 1/2 mashed banana, combine again. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, and mix just until combined. Add in shredded zucchini, shot of espresso, and stir. Scrape down sides and gently add diced banana to mixing bowl and blend by hand. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and place remaining bananas and walnuts over top gently smoothing into batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Then combine the streusel ingredients and bake for an addition 5-7 minutes. Allow to cool at least 10-20 minutes before removing from the pan and placing on a cooling rack. Top with vegan ice cream, fresh banana and vegan date caramel.
- Date caramel
- Add pitted dates to a food processor. Pulse until there are small fragments then steam in water, coconut milk or almond milk and continue to blend. The amount will vary based on the moisture content of the dates. I added about 1/2 cup!