Blueberry Muffins with Streusel Top
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
If you don’t agree, than its because you’ve never enjoyed one hot out of the oven.. #amazing
In all honesty this was the first vegan blueberry muffin I’ve ever made and absolutely the first crumble I’ve ever created and it was just.. So. Easy.
Things I love about this recipe:
- Super Soft
- Crisyp and crunchy top
- Hint of cinnamon
- Dense with the mixture of all purpose and wheat
- Perf warm with vegan butter (YUM.)
- Looks gorgeous!
If you’re looking to impress your non vegan friends with an effortless recipe that doesn’t disappoint, this is the one!!
Not craving blueberries?! Substitute the fruit for one of your other favorites!
Just don’t forget the crumble!
- 1 cups flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp flax
- 2 tbsp coconut milk or soy milk
- 3/4 cup Organic Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose flour
- 4-5 Tablespoons Vegan Butter, Cold
- 3 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, add flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and sugar.
- Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk together soy milk, coconut oil, and vanilla extract
- Stir until smooth. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Slowly fold in the blueberries.
- (If using frozen blueberries coat with one tablespoon of gf flour, stir to coat)
- Using a muffin pan, fill cups 3/4 of the way full.
- For the streusal topping, In a small bowl add, brown sugar, flour, vegan butter, and maple syrup.
- Combine mixture with a fork until it resembles small crumbles.
- Top the uncooked muffins.
- Place muffins in a 350 degree oven for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted comes out clean.