Vegan French Toast Breakfast Bread
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
If there is one food I have an affinity for, it’s anything cinnamon!!
I haven’t done a breakfast recipe in a while as your typical concepts are simply pancakes, waffles, crepes, french toast etc and that’s the extent of it. However, I love a good french toast bake as well as a fun breakfast bread!
What I love about this recipe is that its effortless, doesn’t require vegan eggs, has minimal ingredients, low sugar in the bread itself, you can cut the sugar content by opting out of either topping, takes minimal time, and tastes like french toast through and through!
If you’re craving modern vegan breakfast sweets..
You have to try my recipe for vegan French Toast Bread!!
Why this recipe rocks:
No vegan egg needed
Low sugar in the actual bread
Perf for a fab vegan brunch
Non vegan approved
Yields 8-10 slices
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a bread pan (about 9×5 inches) by lightly greasing it with coconut oil or butter.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a small bowl combine apple sauce, almond milk, vanilla/maple extract.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl combine swirl ingredients together – 1/3 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and 2 tablespoons water. Use a spoon to drop spoonfuls of this mixture over the bread, then use a skewer stick to make swirl designs to incorporate the cinnamon mixture into the bread.
- Combine all of the crumbled top ingredients. Sprinkle over the top of the bread.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and transfer it to a cooling rack to cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze ingredients by combining powdered sugar with almond milk.
- When the bread has completely cooled, pour the glaze over the top and serve.